Studio Re-Opening FAQs
Dear valued members,
The wait is over and we are excited to welcome our members back to our studios.
All Platinum Yoga studios will open on Tuesday, 23 June 2020 and class booking resumes on 23 June 2020, 6.30am.
Your safety is our utmost priority and new measures will be in place to ensure our members can continue their practice safely. As we adjust and adapt to the situation, we are committed to bring you what you love about yoga.
Enjoy flexibility with your practice by joining us in our PY Live Classes or in-studio. PY Live Class will be open to all Platinum Yoga members, allowing you to continue to enjoy and practice with your favorite teacher online and offline.
(updated on 29 June 2020 at 6.15am)
Questions about the adjustment to your package? Here are some common FAQs we have received:
- In accordance with the government’s guidelines, members will maintain 2 meters distance, with a maximum of 5 members in a group and 3 meters between groups. Following the above guidelines, Platinum Yoga can host up to 9 members per class, dependent on the studio size.
- Class booking will resume on Tuesday, 23 June 2020 at 6.30am via the Platinum Yoga app. You may book your classes up to 3 days in advance and between 6.30am to 11pm.
- Each member will be allowed one advance booking a day. Waitlist option is available for members who are on standby to attend a last-minute class cancellation.
- Members are required to check-in and check-out using the SafeEntry at all Platinum Yoga studios.
- Members with late cancellation (less than 2 hours before class) will have their in-studio booking privileges suspended for 1 week. However, members can still attend our PY Live Classes.
PY Live Class (Online Group Zoom Class)
All active Platinum Yoga members will be able to join their favorite yoga teachers at the studios and from the comfort of their home. Enjoy the flexibility of our hybrid schedule with our PY Live Class with your favourite teacher, whether you are in Singapore or overseas!
Booking opens from 6.30am to 11pm and booking can be made up to 3 days in advance. Booking closes 30mins before class commences and Zoom link will be sent to your registered email address 30mins prior to class. Do check your inbox, or even your Junk mail for the Zoom link. If you did not receive your Zoom link, kindly contact the respective studio.
Purchasing Unlimited PY Live Class (exclusive for Platinum Yoga members only)
All memberships will be reactivated on 23 June 2020.
Members with an active unlimited membership or unsuspended membership account will be prompted to purchase their “MEMBERS ONLY FREE LIVE CLASS PASS” at $0 upon their first PY Live Class booking. Class card membership holders can use their existing package to deduct for online and in-studio classes.
Members will be entitled to 1 month of unlimited PY Live Class for each purchase. Re-purchase after expiry is available.
- Launch Platinum Yoga App & login to your Platinum Yoga account
- Set the location (Unlimited membership members can access Livestream classes from all studios)
- Select “Live-stream Classes” under the menu tab and book your desired class!
Have the following ready before your class:
- Your preferred device with Zoom installed and good internet connection
- Yoga props (yoga mat, blocks, etc)
- Your smile!
To learn more about how to set up for your PY Live Class, click here.
I am not a Platinum Yoga member
PY Live Class packages are available here for purchase.
Read more about the common FAQs we received on PY Live Class here.
Existing PY Live Classes Package
If you have an existing membership package with Platinum Yoga, any unused PY Live Classes purchased during studio closure will be prorated and credited back in members’ account. Credit can be used for any purchase in Platinum Yoga. Member can also opt to giveaway these unused classes to their friends and family. Credit expires 3 months from date of re-opening.
Your safety is our utmost priority. All studios will undergo deep cleaning before opening. A comprehensive range of safety and hygiene measures will also be implemented for all studios.
- All members and guests are required to check-in and check-out using SafeEntry for contact tracing.
- Mandatory temperature checks for all who enter the premises. Anyone with a temperature exceeding 37.5°c and/or appears unwell is advised to consult the doctor than entering the studio. Their entry will also be refused.
- Masks must be worn as a default and can only be taken off when performing strenuous activities. All frontline staff are required to wear a mask.
- Yoga instructors will stay on their mat and provide verbal alignment corrections.
- Physical distancing as per government guidelines applies throughout the facilities. 1-metre spacing must be maintained between individuals in common areas including shower rooms and lounge areas at all times. 2-metre distance between members in classes with a maximum of 5 individuals per group and 3-metre distance will be maintained between each group.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection will be carried out throughout the day.
- High-risk services and facilities will be suspended until further notice.
Billing & Suspension
All memberships will be activated on 23 June 2020.
We understand that some members may not be comfortable returning to the studio just yet, hence, we will be offering free suspension from 23 June to 15 July 2020 upon request. Free suspesion application closed on 28 June 2020 at 11.59pm.
If you are a GIRO Membership holder:
- GIRO membership payment will resume on 1 or 15 July 2020, depending on your payment schedule.
- Successful GIRO deduction on 1 April 2020 will be used for 1 – 6 April 2020 and 23 June to 14 July 2020. As this constitutes a 1-month package, the next GIRO deduction will be on 15 July 2020 and subsequent GIRO deductions will be on the 15th.
- Successful GIRO deduction on 15 March 2020 will be used for 15 March to 6 April 2020 and 23 to 30 June 2020. As this constitutes a 1-month package, the next GIRO deduction will be on 1 July 2020 and subsequent GIRO deductions will be on the 1st.
If you are a Prepaid Membership holder:
As previously communicated, prepaid membership will receive a membership extension of during our closure period. As we were closed from 7 April to 22 June 2020, existing prepaid members will receive a membership extension of 77 days. The adjustment will take up to 8 weeks to reflect on your account and we seek your kind patience while we process this for you.
We are in this together. We look forward to seeing you on the mat.